what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 8 February 2012

Benedict Graziano

Three boys and a girl sit opposite me at a table next to the fire in my local cafe.  One of the boys has glasses and a moustache (it's ends are waxed into curls) and they are largely dressed in knitwear.  I overhear the girl suggesting a trip to the Saatchi Gallery.  "Near that posh station", she says.  One of the boys suggests Embankment.  "Sloane Square", I pipe up from behind my laptop.  They collectively thank me for my help.

Later, as I pack my bag, I decide to make my request.  They seem happy to be asked and discuss amongst themselves who has the best.  The girl leans back and says hers is boring  Two of the boys don't have one.  The final boy with a v-neck sweater but no moustache says his is good.  It is not an idle boast.  He is Italian.

They ask me what I am doing with the names and I explain about the blog.  I give them the address which makes me nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment