what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 14 February 2012

Rodrigues

In a supermarket buying a chocolate pudding and some daffodils, the girl at the check-out asks me how I am.  She has glitter around her eyes.  I say that I am okay and ask the same in return.  She says I am lucky to be going home.  She is working until eleven.  I comment how miserable that must be, especially on Valentine's day.  She says, 'Don't say that.  You'll make me cry'.  For fear of causing more distress, I change the subject.  I am worried that I am holding up the queue as I have difficulty understanding the answer.  She writes it for me on a till receipt.  We wish each other good evenings.  She has been in London for three years.

No comments:

Post a Comment