what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 27 February 2012

Stala

Teaching a pupil about the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943, he tells me that his best friend comes from a Jewish family who have sailed through any problems that their religion may have faced for the last 200 years.  This may have had something to do with the fact that his grandfather was in with the Kremlin (apparently, there is a painting of him standing next to Stalin in their hallway).  The family are such fans of the big man that they decided to give his grandson a disguised version of the dictator's surname as a middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment