what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 16 February 2012

Zann Noah

In my local cafe I am happily distracted by a one year-old child smiling at me from behind a large wooden toy.  I smile back.  He starts giggling.  His hair is matted and not yet fully grown.  He has two front teeth.  His face is that of a well-disposed elderly gentleman.  He wears a T-shirt with the slogan 'Hey Ho Let's Go'.  I am impressed by the positivity of his attitude.

We make each other laugh.  The mother says, 'You can keep him'.  I decline the offer but ask her my question on his behalf (the inquisitive gurgling noises suggest that he will not be able to provide me an answer himself).  He steals my spoon, falls on the floor and finds it hilarious.  I, in spite of myself, do too.

Sitting with her mother is a girl wearing a pink and grey striped dress.  She has the mournful look of an elder sibling who is coming to terms with the fact that she is no longer the most entertaining person in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment