what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 17 February 2012

Frances

At supper I sat to a friend of a friend who works in the city.  She has such a dislike of her middle name that she deliberately used to spell it with two 's'es and neglected to include it on her graduation certificate.  At the ceremony, as everyone's full names were read out, her mother was disappointed to find that her daughter had erased a carefully chosen centre-piece.

(In the spirit of fairness I should point out that today's name is a fine actress as McDormand, a perennial children's favourite as Hodgson Burnett and was my best friend at Primary School.  Though I probably wouldn't use it for my daughter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment