what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 2 May 2012

Adrian

Leaving a pub in central London, I approach the barman who told us we had ten minutes to drink up eight minutes ago.  He has a black apron with badges, curly dark hair and a light sprinkling of stubble on his chin and upper lip.  I ask my question.  He stares straight back at me.  'I'm sorry', I say, 'You look as though I've made you angry'.  'No', he replies, 'I'm just... umm...', he pauses, 'shocked'.  I mumble something about it being a bit strange.  'It's Adrian', he tells me and puts a chair on the table.  'Thank you', I say.  He nods.

No comments:

Post a Comment