what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 7 May 2012

Fabian

A long day and little time for human interaction, I remember, with relief, a text message service to which you can ask any question.  I text, 'What is your middle name?' to 118118.  I look forward to the response.  Two minutes later I receive the reply, 'We're very sorry, but every day we get a few questions we can't answer.  This is one of them.  No charge'.

Instead my German flatmate offers up any member of his family.  I chose his brother who made up his middle name because he thought it sounded cool.  'He is very self-aware', says my flatmate. 'No, perhaps that is the wrong translation'.  A pause.  'He is very self-centred my brother, yes, self-centred'.

No comments:

Post a Comment