what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 8 May 2012

Buenano

Late and walking down the dark street in search of a middle name, I am nodded at by a stocky man with thinning hair, a padded jacket and red jeans.  I am desperate and decide to take the opportunity.  He seems eager to talk.  He is from Equador and has lived here for fourteen years.  I tell him that I did Spanish for A-level and he asks, 'Tienes una novia?'.  I begin to make a move. 

'So when are we going to go for a beer?' he says.  I mumble something about working in the evenings.  'So when will I see you again, Richard?' he asks.  I say that I'm sure that we will see each other around.  'But I don't know when you normally walk down this street', he continues.  I tell him that I am late to meet some friends and have to run.  'How will I know when you're here?' he says.  I say something involving the word 'serendipity', shake his hand and walk away at a brisk pace.

I do a circuit to return to my flat the back way.

No comments:

Post a Comment