what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 17 May 2012

Valentina

Having supper with friends and without a middle name, I ask if anyone has a friend unknown to me who we could ring.  Someone obliges and connects me to a recently married colleague.  She is a Biology teacher.

'It's a bit unusual and embarrassing', she says on the other end of the phone.  'I was born on Valentine's day so my parent's decided that I should be named after the Saint'.  I say that seemed an excellent idea and that I liked the sound of her parents.  'Do you like your parents?' I add as an after-thought.  'Yes', she replies, 'I like them very much'.

No comments:

Post a Comment