what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 29 May 2012

Renee

In a hot tube I feel a tap on my left shoulder.  'Excuse me but your bag is open', says a dark-haired girl in a green dress who is standing behind me.  Flustered, I apologise, tell her I always do this and fumble with my zip.

As we get off at the same stop I tap her in return.  On the platform I ask my question.  She looks pleased to be asked, puts her hand to her chest and gives me an answer.  Her friend is standing next to her.  She has cropped hair, a rucksack and a pink face.  I ask if they have been making the most of the sunshine.  'You can probably see that I have', replies the friend, smiling with her eyes apologetic.  They are from Canada and are having a gap year in the UK.  They spent today in the park.

I wish them a happy time and we continue our journeys on different tube lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment