what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 28 May 2012

David

'Have you got any ripe avocados?' I ask the man at the fruit and veg stall on the pavement.  He is short and his thinning grey hair is combed back.  He has small mole-like glasses and his eyes are close together.  He is wearing an over-sized white t-shirt and blue patterned Bermuda shorts.  On his feet are socks and trainers.

'No idea, mate', he says, 'I'm just looking after it.  He'll be back in five minutes'.  He nods his head.  I suggest that I could test them myself and find one that sufficiently gives way.  'Are you enjoying the weather?' he asks.  I reply that I very much am and ask the same in return.  'Of course', he replies.  I give him £1.20 and tell him about my resolution.  He gives me a middle name and my avocado in a brown paper bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment