what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 24 May 2012

Breda

An unexpected package arrives in the hands of a Royal Mail postwoman.  She is wearing the uniform of a light blue shirt and navy skirt.  She has accessorised with brightly coloured trainers and diamante sunglasses.  Her hair is blondish and tied back with a fringe.  'You weren't expecting this?' she asks noting my excitement.  I sign the necessary slip and explain that normally they are for somebody else.

I tell her about my resolution.  'Do you have to guess it?' she asks from behind her sunglasses.  I tell her that guessing is not part of the rules.  'It's after my aunt', she says revealing the answer, 'Irish'.  I thank her for the parcel and she pushes her red trolley onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment