what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 25 May 2012

Claire Anne

On a bench in the crowded front yard of a bar in the arches underneath a station, I sit next to the fiancee of a friend of a friend.  She has wavy blonde hair and seems tall.  She works in television and we talk about the novel she is trying to write.

On leaving I ask my question.  Her groom-to-be reminds her of the second part.  It is the name she chose at her confirmation.  'After St Anne', she says, 'God, I'm so boring'.

(St Anne was the mother of Mary and thus grandmother of Jesus according to the Apocraphal New Testament.  She also lends her name to a beach resort and spa in the Seychelles which is, according to its website 'an island of dreams and sensual pleasures'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment