what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 14 May 2012

Emma

Hurtling towards me on the pavement is a young lady with long blonde hair.  She is wearing a grey hoodie over a sky-blue t-shirt and is on a skateboard.  'Excuse me', an impulse makes me say as she passes me.  The interruption causes her to trip and she stumbles off the board.  'I'm very sorry', I say.  'It's okay', she replies.  A strand of her hair, damp with sweat, sticks to her forehead.  Sheepishly, I explain the reasoning behind my disturbance.  'It's Emma', she says.  I express gratitude and ask where she is from.  'Sweden', she replies as she remounts her vehicle and skates away.

No comments:

Post a Comment