what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 20 May 2012

Edwina

'Do you want haddock or cod?' asks the lady in the Fish and Chips shop.  She is wearing a white sleeveless top and her dark hair is tied up with a clip.  She has pearl earrings and her teeth are charaterful.  She laughs at my indecision and decides for me.

'I'm trying to remember', she says slowly in response to my question, 'Yes, yes I do have one'.  She smiles.  'Are you going to remember that now?' she says.  I assure her that I will as I cover my haddock with salt and vinegar.

(I wish I could introduce yesterday's middle name to today's.  Perhaps Edwin would feel better knowing he had a female equivalent.)

No comments:

Post a Comment