what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 14 November 2012

Ellen Piggett

Coming up the stairs of the tube station, a lady thrusts a leaflet in to my hand.  'Christmas Dinner at the lido cafe', she says.  I take a moment to peruse the information.  'It's that time of year again', she says.  She is wearing a khaki-green padded jacket.  'Scallops', she says pointing to an item on the menu listed as 'Char grilled scallops with Cauliflower puree and Pancetta'.  I say it looks delicious.  It does.

Taking care not to block the throng of commuters, I ask my question.  'Alright', she says and gives me an answer.  'It's a family name but it's not double-barreled', she says.  I tell her I like it.  She puts out her hand and I shake it.  She is wearing a chunky ring that feels cold against my palm.

No comments:

Post a Comment