what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 5 November 2012

Guy

It does not seem that the man whose effigy is being burnt on bonfires around the country had a middle name.  However, my internet research uncovers two interesting facts.

1.  The famous anti-parliamentarian and purveyor of gunpowder came 30th in a BBC poll of '100 Greatest Britons' in 2002.

2.  The parents of the Canadian rock-singer, who famously crooned over the credits of a film about Britain's other favourite outlaw, also had a soft spot for the celebrated conspirator and marked it with their choice of today's middle name.

No comments:

Post a Comment