what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 11 November 2012

William

In the forecourt of a petrol station, a solitary man is standing next to a large tanker which is pumping oil into the underground supplies.  He is wearing a fluorescent gilet and a red hard-hat.  On the hat sit a pair of plastic ear protectors.  He has grey hair and a pair of rectangular spectacles.

I approach to ask my question.  There is a twinkle in his eye.  'Oh right', he says and gives me an answer.  He chuckles and goes to check the oil's progress.  I leave him to it.  The chuckle grows into something that resembles a guffaw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment