what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 1 November 2012

Jan

The shaven-headed Polish man who has moved into my spare room refuses a slice of gingerbread because he is watching his weight.  He also claims not to have a middle name.

'I was actually thinking about that', he says.  'A few years ago'.  He tells me that in Poland about half the people have middle names and half do not.  'So it is not so strange', he says.

He then reveals that he does have a confirmation name.  'But it is not officially for documents and such', he says.  I decide that it counts.  He tells me that he is not 'religious guy' but he was young and wanted to please his mother.  'Now I can say to her what I believe', he says.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment