what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 17 April 2012

Lucretia

In the pub the girl sat behind me has half a metre of Kinder Easter chocolate on her table and a roll-up cigarette behind her ear.  She is wearing high-waisted shiny black leggings and a cropped red top.  I lean back and ask my question.  'It sounds like a bit of a shit name', she says.  When she tells me I spell it back to her.  'You're the first person who's ever known how to spell it', she says.  I ask why she thinks it sounds shit.  'It's supposed to be Russian', she says, 'but it sounds Jamaican'.  She shrugs and her friends return from the bar to join her.

1 comment: