what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 25 April 2012

Mary (III)

Seeking shelter from the relentless rain in a small art gallery in Cambridge.  'It's horrid out there', says the lady behind the counter.  'Yes.  It's grim', I reply.  She has light-coloured hair in a thick fringe and a friendly demeanour.  I decide to make double use of the respite from the weather.  'Do you have to guess it?' she asks with a gentle twinkle.  I tell her that it is not obligatory but I could try.  She gives me the first letter.  'Margaret?'  I suggest.  She shakes her head.  'Matilda?'  I try.  No luck.  My friend comes up with the correct answer.  'Although I think I rather prefer Matilda', she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment