what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 13 April 2012

Marcel

At a leaving do, I ask the cheerful-looking ex-colleague of a friend outright.  She doesn't have one but offers me her mum or dad's.  I choose her dad's and ask whether he is any good at mime.  'I don't think so', she says, 'but I've got a vision of him dancing down the length of our living room'.  She goes on to describe how her father used to dance up and down to classical music, attempting the splits in mid-air.  'He used to wear an old tracksuit', she tells me.  She is eating a Scotch egg.  I ask if he'll do it for her next time she visits.  'Not unless he wants to end up in hospital', she replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment