what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 28 April 2012

Wilfred

An alternative tour of Belfast with a record shop owner and local musical legend.  He has grey hair, a glass eye and a wealth of anecdotes.  Sometimes he is difficult to understand.  People stop to say hello.  At the end of the tour he finds a pub that is willing to show us the trailer of the new feature film that is based on his life.  The emotion makes him well-up.

On the way out, I thank him and ask my question.  'Named after my uncle who ran in the snow the day I was born', he tells me.  Or at least that's what it sounds like.  I decide not to ask him to elaborate.

No comments:

Post a Comment