what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 2 April 2012

Micheal (III)

My new flatmate moved in a week ago so no longer counts as someone I don't know.  Instead, over some left-over pizza, I ask him about his family.

His Mum and his Dad are both New York born and bred and neither have ever left the United States.  He describes his Dad (and the subject of today's blog) as a 'typical blue collar worker'.  He got married very young and worked for the New York transit department for most of his working life until he retired early in his fifties.  Now he spends most of his time looking after his new grandson which, says my flatmate, 'he complains about but it keeps him busy'.  His mother still works as a teaching assistant. 

They live on Staten Island and, whilst they would like to communicate with their son everyday during his visit to London, he finds it difficult because they are not good at using Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment