what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 30 April 2012

Page

Making my way home in the dark a tall youth with a padded jacket and his female companion are walking towards me.  She is shorter and rounder with auburn hair swiped over her forehead.  I stop them to ask my question.  The boy is motionless.  'Yeh?', he says, 'Yeh?'.  'So do you think you could tell me yours?' I ask.  He leaps two steps back and shakes his hands in the air,  'Naaah!' he says with wide eyes, 'Why do you wanna know 'dat?'  I must look towards the girl because she gives me hers with an air of quiet resignation.

As I make to leave, I notice some white letters on his black T-shirt.  I ask him what it says.  He shows me.  It reads 'DAAAAMN FAAAM!!'  I ask him what it means.  'DAAAAMN means like Daaaamn!' he says gesturing with his arms.  I ask what FAAM means.  He shakes his head.  'Don't worry about it, man, innit', he says and they move on laughing.

1 comment:

  1. 'FAAM' means 'FAMILY', as in the lyrics of 'This Rap Shit's Happenin'' by Joe Grind.

    ReplyDelete