what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 12 April 2012

Patricia (II)

Back in London, a woman sits at the next table to me in McDonald's.  She has dreadlocks, a long yellow padded coat and an orange face.  She eats two McFlurries in quick succession during the time it takes me to check my e-mail.  'Sorry darlin', don't have one', she says to my request.  Nor does the girl shutting the gate to her block of flats in East London.

In desperation I accost a girl crossing the road wearing a string poncho.  It is dark.  To my relief she greets the approach with amusement.  It may help that I have a large rucksack on my back and am still wearing shorts.  'Wow, you're leaving it pretty late.  It's nearly midnight', she says.  'I know', I reply signaling the urgency of my situation.  'I suppose I'd better give you mine then', she offers.  I thank her profusely and comment on the fact that it is the same as yesterday's.  'Coincidence', she says.  I agree.  'Good luck with your resolution', she says as we continue our separate journeys home.

No comments:

Post a Comment