what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 14 August 2012

Ann (without an 'e')

Amidst talk of senate races, great speakers of the twentieth century and overexerted work-outs, I am served peach melba by an architect with silver stars in her earlobes.  She has made the caramel sauce herself.  She tells me the recipe (1 cup granulated sugar, 6 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup cream and sea salt to taste).  It is good.

She says that she likes my resolution.  I tell her that hers is the most popular middle name so far.  Her boyfriend, who has skipped his water-polo practice to be there, wants to know if I will write about her peach melba.  I tell him I probably will.

No comments:

Post a Comment