what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 13 August 2012

Natalie

In a neighborhood of hipsters, I buy a pair of sunglasses from a popular thrift store.  The girl serving me has mismatched earrings and hair piled on her head in a loosely tied bun.  Around her neck hangs a chunky brass key along with other objects.

'Do you want a bag with that?' she asks.  I must look indecisive.  'I can give you one', she says, 'I'm so bored'.  I tell her that I'm sorry to hear that.  'It's not a good thing to be bored', she says.  I agree and decide to do what I can to alleviate the problem.

'You want to know my middle name?' she asks, her eyes lighting up.  I tell her I do.  She gives me an answer.  'My parents were going to give it to me as a first name', she says, 'but my sister got to chose'.  Happily, she is glad of her sister's choice.

Another customer is hovering so, with my sunglasses, I wish her a better afternoon and head out into the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment