what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 3 August 2012

Jean-Pierre

A man who promotes opportunity for gay, lesbians and transgenders in sport is using my flat as a base for a business trip to London.  He has well-cropped grey hair and a lively demeanour.  He is from Canada.

As I make his bed, he tells me about the effort to spread contraception in Thailand.  'Condoms, condoms, condoms', he says.  He tells me about a venue that was hired 'to give men the snip'.  It was called 'The Ballroom'.

'You never know who's gay', he says.  'I mean you don't have to look like Liberace or Elton John'.

I apologise for the state of the bathroom and ask my question.  I hand over my keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment