what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 29 August 2012

Raouf, Alexander and Mark

Three guys are outside a bar having a cigarette.  One looks at me as I pass.  'How you doin'?'  he asks.  It is late and I haven't yet got a middle name so I seize the opportunity.

'I've got the best one', says the guy by who I was greeted.  I have to ask him to spell it.  'What kind of fake accent are you using?' he asks.  'Australian?' suggests one of his companions.  'It's British', I tell them.  'Sounds South African', says the other.  'My new year's resolution is bustin' people with fakes accents', says the middle one.  'I need to see ID', says the first guy.  'Do you know what a bloke is?'

I tell them I'm from London.  They seem satisfied.  'Well, you act like an English person and you dress like an English person so I believe you', says my middle name.  His friend offers up his as a back-up.  'In case you forget his', he says.  The third gets in on the action.

'Wait a minute', says the original.  'Are we on candid camera?'  We shake hands and wish each other well.

No comments:

Post a Comment