what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 2 August 2012

Craig Paul

The waiter in the cafe who knows my order has a mouth-full of food as I'm trying to pay.  While I wait for him to finish, I explain my resolution.  He has a shaved head and a diamond stud in each ear.  He is wearing a black apron over casual clothes.  He nods, swallows and gives me an answer.

'Paul's after my uncle', he says, 'and Craig's after a boy who punched my mother in the stomach while she was pregnant with me'.  He looks proud.

'Sorry?' I say.

'Yeh.  It's true', he says.  'She took him under her wing, got him into college and named my middle name after him'.

'Wow', I say.  Meaning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment