what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 31 August 2012

Rachel, Elizabeth and Kennedy

I ask the girl sitting at the box office what they have on tonight.  She tell me that two of the shows are sold out and the other is a stand-up comedian.  She doesn't look enthusiastic and I decide to give it a miss.

'Lichtenstein's pretty cool though, huh?' she says.  She has seen the poster of an exhibition that I am carrying in a transparent bag.  'Yes', I say.  She has long dark hair.

'We're art students so we love that kind of stuff', she says.  She gestures to the girl sitting next to her whose hair is frizzy and strawberry blonde.  She has piercings.  'Yeh, I loved it', she says.  On the other side is a skinny boy with an exaggerated quiff and big black glasses.  I ask if he is an art student as well.  'I do nothing', he says.

The four of us discuss the exhibition with enthusiasm.  We talk about the progression of his work and painted versus printed media but there are other customers approaching.

Quickly, I ask my question.  Efficiently, they each give me an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment