what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 27 August 2012

Louisa

Watching a comedy show in the outskirts of the city the girls sitting next to me says, 'Are you alone?'  I detect a English accent.  She tells me that she prefers to think of herself as 'solo'.  Originally from Basingstoke, she is on a trip before starting work in Milton Keynes.

Taking the opportunity of companionship we go for a post-show drink in a local bar.  The barman, with Irish roots, recommends we see some jazz at his favourite nearby joint.  We do.

'This is so Chicago', she says as the saxophonist croons.  Her middle name is after her great-grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment