what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 20 August 2012

Francis

At the train station the lady behind the counter tells me that my ticket has not been paid for.  I tell her that I'm sure it has.  'You just wait right here', she says and goes to get her supervisor.

'It's not been paid', he says checking the reservation.  He is portly with black glasses and a bald head.  He is wearing the blue short-sleeved uniform of the railway system.  I express surprise and slight agitation.

'Well she ain't goin' pay for it', he says gesturing towards my original server, 'and I ain't goin' pay for it'.  He looks at me.  'So..'

After some discussion he allows me to use his phone to call the toll-free number.  He puts me thorugh to an operator who gives me a new reservation number.  He types it into his computer.

'Now we got you, brother', he says.  'Now we got you'.  He shows the difference between this screen and the previous.  I express relief.  'It's a done deal, brother', he says.

As the tickets print I ask my question.  He gives me an answer and puts out his hand.  'Thomas Francis Browne Junior', he says.  We shake.  He gives me my tickets.  'Pleased to meet you, sir', he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment