what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 28 August 2012

Charles

Accosted on the street by a man who wants to give me a massage, I pause for long enough for him to give me his spiel.  He has a big smile, tanned skin and grey hair with a moustache to match.  He is wearing opaque-rimmed sunglasses.  The lenses are only slightly tinted.

He is offering a fifty-minute massage for only thirty-nine dollars but I am in a rush.  He gives me a leaflet and I say I will think of him if I find myself tense during the week.  I ask my question.  He gives me an answer and asks for mine in return.  I tell him.  'What?  Were your parents some kind of hippies?' he asks.  'Not really', I reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment