what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 5 September 2012

* (asterisk)

'Look at that rainbow, man', says a man standing on the corner of the street.  He is wearing a leather jacket with black jeans and smart shoes.  His hair is dark.  I look.  There is an impressive arched rainbow in the sky.  'It's been ages since I saw a double one', he says.

Realising that at the end of the rainbow might be a middle name, I ask my question.  'I don't have one, man', he says.  'I made one up though'.  He explains his original choice.  'I just chose it to be annoying', he says.  He tells me his has been to England once on a date; 'Just to go to a music festival, drop acid and stuff', he says.

He asks what I have seen in the city.  'You gotta go to Dolores Park', he says.  'It's where people go chill out, play music, get high and stuff', he says.  He also recommends a tea shop ('You drink tea, right?') where you can get a really good cup of black tea for ten dollars.  I tell him that I prefer PG Tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment