what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Sunday 9 September 2012

Lloyd

Waiting for the toilet in a contained environment at a high altitude I ask my question to the man in front of me.  He is wearing a smart blue shirt with the top button undone.  His hair is grey and he looks wryly amused.  'Why don't you tell me yours?' he says.  I do.  He offers his in exchange.  'It's of Welsh descent', he says.  He tells me he has been leading a tour in America for a group of 'mature adults'.  He used to be a school teacher but has recently retired and takes these trips in his Summer holidays.  'They start you off in Europe', he says of his employers, 'and as they trust you they let you further afield'.  This trip involved traveling the breadth of the country.

'We get some real English eccentrics', he says of his groups.  'It makes it for me'.

A toilet becomes vacant.  We say our goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment