what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 14 September 2012

Henry

A shot of jagermeister sits on the bar in front of me.  A fellow party-guest stands beside me.  I introduce myself.  He is wearing a white rugby shirt, has short-back-and-sides and works for the government.  His demeanour is hearty.

I have never tasted jagermeister before so ask him what it is like.  He compares it to an expensive and sweet mouthwash.  His middle name is after both of his grandfathers, neither of whom he knew.

From the other side of the bar a countdown commences.  We clink our shot glasses and down them on command.  His description is not inaccurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment