what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Saturday 29 September 2012

Sterre

In the large concrete atrium of a modern art gallery, human beings are casually assembled.  They sit quietly, run, chant and interact.  In a pause, I approach one who is lounged on the floor.  She is regularly attired and has a straight fringe.  Her face is wide.

She gets up to give me an answer.  She tells me that her parents gave her two older sisters normal names but she was given strange ones. 

I ask if she thinks that an unusual name informs a personality.  'Perhaps', she says before leaving abruptly to take part in a communal stepping exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment