what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Tuesday 18 September 2012

Jerome

In the pub and the football is over.  A man in sports-shorts and a t-shirt is returning to his table with beer.  At the table are several other men of the sporting variety.  Also in shorts, despite the obvious approach of autumn, I feel a certain camaraderie and approach the table with my question.

He puts the beer down.  He crosses his arms.  He tilts his head.  He gives me an answer.  His friends guffaw.  ‘That is a weird…’ he says, ‘weird resolution’.  I nod.  He nods back.  ‘But keep it up’.   I put my hand out in thanks.  He shakes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment