what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 7 September 2012

Elaine

A Japanese restaurant on the strip mall of a small town and the waitress, who has been serving us patiently, gives us our check.  Her dark hair is tied back.  A smile creeps across her face as I ask my question.  Her mother (despite the lack of any oriental heritage) wanted to give her the middle-name of a Japanese perfume brand.  Her older brother objected and her mother changed her plans.

She tells me she doesn't mind but that it doesn't go well with her others.  'Not like those people who have movie-star sounding names', she says.  Her initials spell 'EEC'.

No comments:

Post a Comment