what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 12 September 2012

Leigh

Having failed to make use of the girl on the tube who talked to me about the book I was reading, television adaptations and San Francisco, I have to resort to the streets at night.

Over the road, lit by the phosphorescent bulb of a bus shelter, sit two girls in leggings with big blonde hair and heavy make-up.  I decide to try my chances.  The one on the left gives me an answer straight away.  I check the spelling.  She corrects me.  'It's that way for girls', she says.  'I didn't know that', I say.  'Well she's Jamie Lee like boy's spelling', she says gesturing towards her companion who nods an acknowledgment.

I ask if they are sisters.  'Nah', says the one on the right.  The other one giggles.  'Do you think we look like sisters?', she says.  I say they could be.

'Thank you for you help', I say.  'Bye then', they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment