what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 10 September 2012

Diamond

My body clock is awry and I am not sure I can muster the energy to find a stranger.  Instead I look up the origins of the term 'jet lag'. 

The first known use was by the travel writer Horace Sutton in the Los Angeles Times on 13th February 1966.  He wrote, 'If you're going to be a member of the Jet Set and fly off to Katmandu for coffee with King Mahendra you can count on contracting Jet Lag, a debility not unakin to a hangover. Jet Lag derives from the simple fact that jets travel so fast they leave your body rhythms behind'.

With my body rhythms left on another continent I am dismayed to find that google does not provide a middle name for the author of my syndrome.  Oddly, it does provide one for his second wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment