what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 13 September 2012

Stowen

A man at a bus shelter mumbles something about pennies as I pass.  I have a pound in my pocket and pause to get it out.  He is wearing a padded jacket and has cropped hair that is only marginally longer than his stubble.  His head is hung low and his eyes look up in my direction.  I explain my question.  He leans towards me to understand.

His answer is unclear and I ask if he could repeat it.  He spells it out for me.  I ask where it comes from.  He shrugs.  'Don't know', he says.  Worried that I have annoyed him, I begin to leave.  'Thank you', I say.  'I'm sorry...'  He looks at me.  'No, no, no', he says, 'thank you very much'.

No comments:

Post a Comment