what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Thursday 8 March 2012

Elizabeth

In the cafe of not just any food and clothing high street store, I buy a coffee and a slice of carrot cake on a tray.  The lady who serves me has short hair and a branded baseball cap on which she rests a pair of glasses.  Her eyes are friendly and her teeth are characterful.

When I ask my question she leans back with a twinkle.  'Am I allowed to know yours?' I ask.  She tells me.  I find myself asking if she was named after the Queen.  'It's a family name', she replies, 'it was my mother's middle name, it's both my daughters' middle name, my grandmother's, my grand-daughter's'.  The list may have gone on, but I had paid and there were other things to attend to.

No comments:

Post a Comment