what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Monday 26 March 2012

Saskia

'In Germany middle names are mainly for royalty', a young German girl tells me in a traditional London pub.  She has a pink shell-suit jacket made by a fashionable brand and a calmly sardonic tone.  Her hair is tied back in a rough ponytail.  She is not impressed by London.

She tells me that her middle name is not on any official documentation but that her mother had given it to balance out the softness of her first name.  She says she may be related to royalty but only very distantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment