what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 2 March 2012

Kim

Two hours after her scheduled arrival, a prospective tenant rings to say she is near the 'Bread of Life' bakery.  I tell her to wait there while I come and find her.  I do and, with concern, she tells me that the police have been helpful in guiding her to my address.

A large lady with her hair in a bun and a Morrison's bag in each hand walks past.  'Did you find it?' she asks the girl.  It seems that she has also engaged the help of civilians.  I decide to trespass further on the kindness of a stranger.  She is matter-of-fact and happy to oblige.  She is a mixture of German and Yugoslavian but her middle name, she tells us with a twang, is just plain old Australian.

The prospective tenant does not take the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment