what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 23 March 2012

Kay

A sunny afternoon in a London park and the squirrels are making the most of it.  I see one climb a man's trouser leg in pursuit of a proffered tit-bit. 

Walking by the lake is a large couple with cameras and matching black T-shirts.  He has tightly cropped grey hair.  She has hair to her shoulders in curls.  The T-shirts are emblazoned respectively in white; 'My Wife Rocks!' and 'My Husband Rocks!'  I am warmed by the sentiment.  My friend suggests I ask their middle names so I chase after them.

I tell them I like their T-shirts.  She is taking a photograph of some swans.  They look a little confused but thank me.  I ask where they got them from.  'Home', she replies.  'We're from Oklahoma, USA', she says.  He tells me that he is originally from Birmingham but now lives in Oklahoma.  They are here on holiday. 

I reveal the true purpose of my interruption.  She points at her chest and tells me as a matter-of-fact.  Then she points at her husband.  'He doesn't have one', she says.  'I don't have one', he confirms.

I thank them and leave them to enjoy a good day for sight-seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment