what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Wednesday 28 March 2012

Gilbert

An art gallery in South London.  I watch a piece of video art about what is inside and what is outside.  On the way out, I approach the curator with my question.  He stands up from where he is seated.  He has thick dreadlocks tied back from his face, a protruding beard and multi-coloured canvas trainers.  Upright, he is surprisingly short.

He answers my question.  'As in ... and George?' I ask.  'No', he replies, 'After my Dad'.  He sits back on his chair and leans back, 'Although I'd never thought of it like that'.

No comments:

Post a Comment