what's your middle name?

Someone once told me that you should try to learn something new every day.
With this in mind, each day of 2012 I will try to discover the middle name of someone I do not know.
This blog charts my progress.
Richard M. Crawley


Friday 16 March 2012

Rebecca

In the pub and closing time approaches without a middle name.  The girl behind the bar has bright red hair tied in a high bun and a tattoo on the back of her neck.  She is wearing a stripy long-sleeved T-shirt.  My request is greeted with a hearty laugh and she asks for mine in return.  I agree to the exchange.  She gives me her full name.  I note that our surnames half-rhyme.  She says that we might as well be married.  I return to my table with three pints and a sense of achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment